- This event has passed.
Confident Christianity Online Conference – from Hereford
6th March 2021 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pmFree
Solas and Hereford Baptist Church welcome everyone to the first online Confident Christianity conference on the 6th March 2021. It will be streamed online so anyone with an internet connection can join in. The speakers for this conference will be Andy Bannister, Kristi Mair, and Gareth Black.
Live Streaming Morning Session
9:10 Streaming begins with 20 minutes allowance for tuning in
9:30 Conference begins with Welcome and Music from Hereford
9:40 Morning Devotion – Steve Ansell
9:50 How To Talk About Jesus Without Looking Like an Idiot – Andy Bannister
10:10 How to Talk About Truth in a ‘Post-Truth’ World – Kristi Mair
10:30 Coffee Break
10:50 Explain how Q&A will work
10:55 Is Hope a Delusion in a World of Suffering? – Gareth Black
11:15 Are we matter or do we matter? Why what you believe about God changes everything else – Andy Bannister
11:35 What is Solas? – Gareth Black. Explain Lunch, Breakout session (Zoom), and Afternoon Live Stream
11:45 Lunch Break. No broadcast but a chance to login to zoom for the individual churches
Live Streaming Afternoon Session
12:40 Afternoon Live Stream begins with 20 minutes allowance for tuning in to the second stream
13:00 Bringing it all together – Taking your place in the mission of God – Gareth Black
13:20 Q&A – All speakers. Participants submit questions through Pigeonhole.
14:15 Prayer / Song / Farewell
Dr. Andy Bannister is the Director of Solas and an Adjunct Professor at Wycliffe College, University of Toronto. Andy is the author of The Atheist Who Didn’t Exist (or: The Terrible Consequences of Really Bad Arguments), and his latest book, Do Muslims and Christians Worship the Same God? is coming in March 2021 with IVP. When not travelling, speaking, or writing, Andy is a keen hiker, mountain climber, and photographer. He is married to Astrid; they have two children, Caitriona and Christopher.
Kristi Mair is an author, academic and speaker. She holds a BA in Philosophy and Theology and an MA in Philosophy of Religion and Ethics. Formerly with UCCF, she is currently combining PhD studies in philosophical theology with a role as Research Fellow at Oak Hill College, where she lectures in philosophy, ethics, and apologetics. Kristi continues to speak regularly at campus-based and local church events, as well as providing training in persuasive evangelism. Kristi’s first book, More>Truth, was published by IVP in 2019.
Gareth Black holds an MTh from the University of Oxford and an MSc in Bioethics from King’s College London and was a Fellow of the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics. In autumn 2020, he began a PhD in end-of-life ethics at the University of Oxford. Beyond academia, Gareth has a passion for bible teaching and evangelism. He particularly enjoys demonstrating how the Christian scriptures both appreciate, and directly address, the big questions of faith and meaning. He speaks regularly in university and local church settings, and has pioneered several initiatives aimed at training students and teenagers in the intellectual defence of Christianity. Gareth is married to Amy and they live in Northern Ireland. In his spare time he enjoys playing sport, scenic walks with his Labrador ‘Murphy’, and volunteering with the Northern Ireland Hospice.
How to View the Online Conference
Register using the form above to get all the details sent to your email and access to the extra features.
To view the conference on your pc, tablet or mobile device:
- For the morning session beginning at 9:30 click on this link: https://youtu.be/6z9qqY_-N5A
- For the afternoon session beginning at 13:00 click on this link: https://youtu.be/WgIyPCwsg4c
To view the conference on your smart TV or Apple TV.
- Login to your YouTube account on any device and Subscribe to SolasCPC. For help with this see: youtu.be/YdM77kVYPeY. Here is a link to the Solas channel youtube.com/solascpc
- Login on your smart TV or Apple TV to your YouTube channel. (You may already be logged in).
- Navigate on your smart TV or Apple TV to ‘Youtube’ and choose ‘Subscriptions’.
- Choose the SolasCPC channel which you subscribed to in step one and then you should be able to see the upcoming live streams. These two live streams are what you will be viewing on 6th March. See bottom two thumbnail images below:
- Watch the video by choosing the appropriate video thumbnail image.
To View the conference using Chromecast:
- Make sure that your mobile device or computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Chromecast.
- Open the YouTube app or YouTube.com.
- Navigate to the SolasCPC channel or click on the Morning Session link: https://youtu.be/6z9qqY_-N5A or the Afternoon Session link: https://youtu.be/WgIyPCwsg4c
- Tap the Cast button
- Tap the Chromecast device to which you want to cast. tap Play. …
- To stop casting content, tap the Cast button. Disconnect.
To view the conference using Amazon Fire Stick:
- On the Fire Stick’s homepage, use your remote to access the menu at the top, then toggle over to “Apps.”
- Next, scroll down and select the “Social Media” category.
- Find the YouTube app in the list of options. You can also use the Alexa button on your Fire Stick’s remote and say “YouTube” to find the app quickly.
- Once you’ve selected YouTube using your FireStick remote, select “Get” — the YouTube app for Fire Stick is free to download.
- After the app processes and downloads, you can launch the YouTube app by selecting “Open” or opening it from the homepage.
- Next, sign in using your Google or YouTube credentials.
- After you’ve signed in, you’ll now have access to millions of videos, TV shows, music videos, and movies on YouTube.
- Find the conference Live videos on the SolasCPC channel page under subscriptions.